Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Eighties Babies

I actually ran across a feature story in "W" Magazine, entitled G-Spot where they did a fantastic spread with the infamous supermodel, Gisele Bundchen. Well...if you are an 80's baby stand up now and sing out loud! The eighties are what we prepare to see this fall! All of the bright and bold colors, the pink lipsticks, and oh...who could forget the big hair?!! The look on Gisele is a perfect look for going into the Fall with the 80's theme. This Miu Miu jacquard jacket is awesome in its "rich and fabulous" pink tone. Wrapped with the Azzedine Alaia belt, allows for accent to the waist line, promoting a curvaceous figure. Anyone should be able to pull off this look...but beware! As seen on Gisele, she has pulled off a wonderful hairdo that doesn't look like she's had a hard day at the laundromat. Please be careful when working with big hair...for tips...please consult with your nearest hair stylist! As for the make-up... if you are going to do bold colors on the eye...please make sure you keep the colors underneath the brow bone...(not the eyebrow, those are two different areas!!) Do lighter colors underneath your eyebrow and keep your bold colors underneath the brow bone...you don't want to look like the clown that used to scare me in my dreams when I was a child! Its seems to me that pink was the flagship color for the 80s...so I would suggest you pick up some of the hottest pink lipsticks and glosses out there! I recommend:

  • M.A.C.'s Pink Nouveau
  • M.A.C.'s Pink Plaid
  • Laura Mercier's Belle Du Jour
  • Chanel's Glossimer in #84 Imaginaire

The assertive accessories also had it's stomping ground in the 80's era. If you are going to do accessories, make sure that you follow guidelines. (Although I hate to say "guidelines" b/c there should be no limitations on fashion...but that's another discussion within itself!) Okay so guidelines...Try not to over accessorize if you know you are going to do lots of patterns, colors, etc with your clothes...find a good balance with your clothes and accessories. For example, with Gisele- since she is wearing two different shades of a bold pink color, she relaxed the outfit with a pair of black Givenchy hand gloves and a big black belt (I have to get a pair of those gloves to go with my red leather bomber jacket!). If I wanted to mimic this particular look, I would probably throw on my pair of black and gold Chanel clip on earrings for an extra umph!

I hope you all are as anxious as I am!! Now its time to break into your mom's closet and find all her bold colors, and funky accessories from the 80s...get them cleaned and ready for this Fall...because the 80s are back in style!

For more information make sure you pick up a copy of W Magazine!

5 comments:

SouLBoutiQue said...

Great Read! Love it! I will definitely be tuning in every week, for a read on fashion..because i too am a fashion addict!

SB

lannhi said...

Congratulations on the blog! i'll definitely be checking it often. Hope all is well...cheers!

ln

Unknown said...

SO PROUD TO BE AN 80's BABY!!!! ONLY THE BEST CAME OUT OF THAT YEAR . . .

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I myself love the eighties...all those movies...Molly Ringwald...lol!

Rania said...

I love it... I will be checking up on this every monday

RN