Monday, July 2, 2007

ALL HAIL...KING 3.1!!!

The first time I set my eyes on him was on a cold winter day in mid January. I was actually at the office, staring at the walls, in a trance, thinking about a new direction in which I should steer my attitude…my fashion attitude, that is. For the winter, I felt that my fashion attitude was very earthy, and moving into the spring I wanted an attitude that showcased spark and intellect. I quickly turned to my computer and began the hunt…the hunt for fashion that depicted intellect, beauty, and sensual style. At the click of a button, a feather fell from the top of the screen, and landed on a title that read, “3.1 Phillip Lim”. I clicked the feather to enter…and in moments I was witnessing some of the most innovative styles within the fashion industry.
Phillip Lim began his career in fashion as the creative director and co-founder of Development clothing line. It was not until 2005 that he launched his signature line, 3.1 Phillip Lim, which greeted him with critical success. Lim’s success continued in 2006, where he was presented with the Fashion Group International’s “Women Designer Rising Star Award”. From the athletic, to the soccer moms, to the fashion gurus; his designs fit the lifestyle for all categories of women. The vision of 3.1 reflects that of a polished look, with sharp cuts and edgy color schemes. When asked about his designs Phillip Lim states that, “3.1 is about clothes that refine women…not define them.” This is one of them main reasons he is the most sought after designer today…his clothes reflect intellect and individualism. I was invited to a trunk show a week ago that showcased 3.1’s Fall 2007 collection. May I be the first to tell you… this line is gloriously constructed to maximize the look of innocence mixed with “pedigree minus prudence”, as Lim would like to describe the line. From prep-schooler to the debutante…Philip Lim drew up his inspiration from many angles, especially from Grey Garden’s Edie Bouvier Beale. There were showcases of prep-schoolers’ bow tie blouses and plaid skirts. Also noticed was a motorcycle-styled jacket with the softest leather known to man…amazing! After completing the collection…I felt as if I had gone back into time…launched into the future…then situated into the present. The quality of his clothing line is immaculate, allowing you to create a runway look that may seem expensive to the eye…but in reality is quite friendly to the wallet. This is another reason 3.1 is well-praised, with the look of the clothing, you would expect to pay those high-end designer prices, but for the same quality and style you get the look for half the price! Here is a sneek peek at what to expect this fall:
Phillip Lim’s contemporary line has proven itself worthy of its praises. And with a flagship boutique set to open in Soho…the sky is not even the limit for 3.1 Phillip Lim! You can log on to www.31philliplim.com to get an exclusive look at his ready-to-wear collections.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS DUDE. Carousing on the web, I stumbled onto this line earlier this year(as per "3.1", always has him listed first in line of all designers) LOVE HIM! Great job!

Ngozi

Madam Shai said...

I know...you know that gold metallic shirt I have?...Yep...3.1~ Marvelous!

Unknown said...

"I felt as if I had gone back into time…launched into the future…then situated into the present"

. . . this is the perfect way to describe "3.1". I went to his website and it was like LOVE at FIRST sight <3

Anonymous said...

He is really getting much media hype...I hope he doesn't jack up his prices!